Excellent. I made as directed and wouldn't change anything. I've never been a big rainbow trout fan but decided to make this for my husband who loves rainbow trout. I was pleasantly surprised at the great flavor with the cumin and lime juice. The sides are also a great addition. Will add to my regular recipes.
Rainbow Trout with Seared Sugar Snaps
More From Cooking Light
Total: 11 Minutes
- Calories: 321
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.6g
- Protein: 33.1g
- Carbohydrate: 10.9g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Calcium: 151mg
- 4 dressed whole rainbow trout
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Glazed Baby Carrots
- Quick Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Arrange trout, open with flesh sides up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush flesh evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Drizzle juice over flesh. Sprinkle flesh with cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Broil 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 3. While fish cooks, heat a medium skillet over high heat until very hot. Combine peas, shallots, and pine nuts in a small bowl; add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to bowl, tossing to coat. Add pea mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until peas are bright green and blackened in spots and nuts are lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and dill. Serve over trout.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note