- 4 dressed whole rainbow trout
- Cooking spray
- 2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Glazed Baby Carrots
- Quick Chive Mashed Potatoes
- calories 321
- fat 16.3 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 5.9 g
- polyfat 5.6 g
- protein 33.1 g
- carbohydrate 10.9 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 90 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 317 mg
- calcium 151 mg
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high.
Arrange trout, open with flesh sides up, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush flesh evenly with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Drizzle juice over flesh. Sprinkle flesh with cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Broil 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
While fish cooks, heat a medium skillet over high heat until very hot. Combine peas, shallots, and pine nuts in a small bowl; add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to bowl, tossing to coat. Add pea mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until peas are bright green and blackened in spots and nuts are lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and dill. Serve over trout.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.