Rainbow Tomato Bruschetta
Notes: Linda Wisner of Portland, Oregon uses a mix of heirloom tomato varieties from her garden; heirlooms are available in many farmers' markets. Toast the baguette slices up to 1 day ahead; cool, wrap airtight, and store at room temperature. Prepare tomatoes up to 1 hour ahead; cover and let stand at room temperature.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 189
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Protein: 4.8g
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 270mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 seeded baguette (about 3/4 lb.)
- 2 1/3 pounds firm-ripe tomatoes (red, orange, yellow, and/or green; large and small)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as chives, basil leaves, and savory leaves
- 1. Cut 1 seeded baguette (about 3/4 lb.) diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices; arrange in a single layer on two 14- by 17-inch baking sheets. Bake in a 450° regular or convection oven until golden, 4 to 5 minutes. Let cool, then mound in a basket or arrange on a platter.
- 2. Rinse and core 2 1/3 pounds firm-ripe tomatoes (red, orange, yellow, and/or green; large and small). For tomatoes larger than 1 inch in diameter, thinly slice crosswise; arrange in a single layer on a rimmed platter. For smaller tomatoes, halve lengthwise and scatter on top. Drizzle 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil evenly over tomatoes; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs such as chives, basil leaves, and savory leaves. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with toasted baguette slices. Mound tomatoes on slices to eat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This