This was OK. It was very fresh tasting, but it lacked something, not sure what. It was spicy and bland at the same time, if that makes any sense.
Rainbow Salad with Vietnamese Dressing
The simplicity and freshness of this salad are addictive. Serve as a starter or side. For a beautiful presentation, arrange the salad elements in separate piles. Toss everything together just before eating.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 253
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Carbohydrate: 46.1g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 507mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 2/3 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 large limes)
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups grated English cucumber
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 6 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- To prepare dressing, combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, cook cellophane noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Set aside.
- Combine water, salt, and eggs, stirring with a whisk. Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Pour half of egg mixture into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so egg mixture covers pan with a thin film. Cook 1 minute or until done. Place cooked egg on a cutting board. Repeat procedure with remaining egg mixture and oil. Cut egg rounds in half, and cut into thin strips.
- Arrange 1/2 cup cellophane noodles, 1/3 cup cucumber, 1/3 cup carrot, 1 tablespoon peanuts, 2 teaspoons cilantro, and 2 teaspoons basil in separate piles on each of 6 plates. Serve each salad with about 3 tablespoons dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads