Pasta made colorful with lots of veggies in a spicy cream sauce.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 box(es) bowtie pasta
- 1 container(s) grape tomatoes halved
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 cup(s) fresh broccoli or asparagus chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic minced
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- Spicy Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) flour
- 2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano
- Cook the pasta as usual. Meanwhile, saute all the veggies in the garlic and oil. Stir in the tomatoes towards the end. Set the veggie mixture aside.
- In the same pan you cooked the veggies in, make your cream sauce. Melt the butter, then slowly whisk in the flour to make a roux. When smooth, add in the half-and-half slowly, whisking as you pour to avoid clumping. Add the pepper flakes and simmer, stirring occasionally. When the sauce thickens and bubbles, add your cheese. Stir til smooth.
- After draining your pasta, toss it in the pan with the cream sauce til coated. Add the veggie mixture back in. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carapetsch and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note