- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 slices (6 oz.) thick-cut bacon
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large bunches (1 1/2 lbs. total) rainbow chard, ribs cut into 1/4-in. pieces and leaves roughly chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. red chile flakes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- calories 358
- caloriesfromfat 39 %
- protein 14 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 6.2 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 4.5 g
- sodium 957 mg
- cholesterol 30 mg
How to Make It
Cook polenta with salt as package directs.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large frying pan until crisp. Transfer to paper towels.
Discard fat from pan. Heat oil in same pan over medium heat. Cook shallots, garlic, and chard ribs until softened, 4 minutes. Stir in chard leaves, chile flakes, and 1/3 cup water. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until wilted.
Stir butter and cheese into polenta and spoon into bowls. Toss chard with vinegar and spoon over polenta. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top.