- 1 pound hot Italian sausage links or sweet Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms or drained canned sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar RAGÚ® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 1 loaf (16 in.) Italian bread or French bread, cut into 4 pieces
How to Make It
In large nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat. Stir in onion, spinach and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until sausage is done. Stir in sauce; heat through.
For each sandwich, split open each bread piece, and evenly spoon in sausage mixture. Sprinkle, if desired, with crushed red pepper flakes.