- 12 ounces whole grain rotini pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 small onion, halved, sliced
- 1 small red or yellow bell pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 jar RAGÚ® Homestyle Thick & Hearty Traditional Sauce
- 3 cups lightly packed baby kale & spinach mix
- 3 1/2 cups cooked, sliced chicken
- 8 ounces multi-colored grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces mini fresh Mozzarella balls
- 12 pepperoncini peppers, stemmed, thinly sliced
How to Make It
Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt; keep warm.
Heat oil and red pepper flakes in medium non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook 3-4 min. or until softened, stirring frequently. Add peppers and zucchini; cook 3 min. or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
Warm sauce in same pot on medium heat. Stir in greens and cook just until wilted. Stir in cooked pasta. Divide mixture among 6 serving bowls.
Top evenly with vegetable mixture and remaining ingredients.
Substitute any of your favorite greens, like chopped rapini, Swiss chard or spinach for the kale mix. Bowl toppings can be varied based on your families’ tastes. Other toppings that would work include: marinated quartered artichoke hearts, sliced olives, roasted red pepper strips, meatballs, roasted garlic cloves, shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese and chopped fresh basil. For a shortcut, use a store-bought rotisserie chicken. An average sized chicken yields about 3 cups of meat.