- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 (about 2 lbs.) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 jar RAGÚ® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then crumb mixture; turn to coat.
Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
Pour sauce over chicken; top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Tip: Most dishes that call for frying can be baked to cut down on the fat. Try substituting eggplant for chicken for a vegetarian version.