Ragu No Frying Chicken Parmesan
More From Ragu
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 jar (1 lb. 10 oz.) Ragu® Old World Style® Pasta Sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and garlic powder in shallow dish. Dip chicken in egg, then crumb mixture; turn to coat.
- 2. Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake 20 minutes.
- 3. Pour Pasta Sauce over chicken; top with cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve with hot pasta.
- TIP: Most dishes that call for frying can be baked to cut down on the fat. Try substituting eggplant for chicken for a vegetarian version.
- Nutrition Information per serving:
- Calories 560, Calories From Fat 90, Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g, Total Fat 10g, Cholesterol 135mg, Sodium 820mg, Total Carbohydrate 62g, Sugars 9g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Protein 52g, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 45%, Iron 25%
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note