- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large carrot, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 jar RAGÚ® Double Cheddar Sauce
How to Make It
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat and cook celery, carrot, onion and thyme until vegetables are almost tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in 1 cup water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
Process vegetable mixture and broccoli in food processor or blender until smooth; return to saucepan.
Stir in remaining 1/2 cup water, broth and sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 10 minutes.