Ragu alla Bolognese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 3 ounce(s) pancetta (Italian bacon), diced
- 1 pound(s) ground beef chuck, sirloin or flank steak
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 cup(s) dry red wine
- 14 1/2 can(s) diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large skillet or saucepan melt butter with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. 2. Add pancetta and cook, stirring about 3 minutes to soften. Add ground beef and stir, breaking up clumps, for about 1 minute. Stir in milk, continuing to break up clumps of meat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until most of the milk has evaporated, about 10 minutes. 3. Add wine and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Stir in salt and pepper to taste, reduce heat and gently simmer, stirring occasionally about 1 1/2 hours. Serve with tagliatelle.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note