- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 pounds lamb shoulder, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/4 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas
- Farina Balls
How to Make It
Melt butter in a small Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is golden brown. Gradually add water; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Add remaining ingredients, except peas and Farina Balls.
Cover and simmer 2 1/2 hours or until lamb is tender. Add peas, and continue cooking 15 minutes. Remove cloves and bay leaf; discard. Serve ragout with Farina Balls.