- 1 cup halved and thinly sliced shallots
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (8-oz.) packages sliced baby portobello mushrooms*
- 2 (3.5-oz.) packages fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup port
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Creamy Polenta
- Freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
How to Make It
Sauté shallots and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 2 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, add mushrooms, and cook, stirring constantly, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in port; cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth and next 5 ingredients. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Serve over Creamy Polenta with shaved Parmesan cheese. Garnish, if desired.
*2 (8-oz.) packages sliced fresh button mushrooms may be substituted.