Extremely good..a family favorite! It can be a bit spicy if you add 1/2 tsp of red pepper.
Ragin' Cajun Casserole
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces low-fat smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- Peel shrimp, and devein, if desired; set aside.
- Sauté smoked sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil, and stir in rice; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in shrimp; cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes