Raffy's Turkey Sausage and Chestnut Stuffing
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Granny Smith apple (medium) cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 whole(s) Red Delicious apple (medium) cored and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 whole(s) onion (medium) chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 6 ounce(s) bag dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1 pound(s) sweet italian turkey sausage casings removed
- 7.25 ounce(s) jar steamed whole chestnuts coarsely chopped
- 8 ounce(s) day-old cornbread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup(s) canned chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saute pan add the apples, onion, 1 tablespoon oil and butter cook over a medium low heat for 10 minutes to soften. Add the wine, cranberries, and salt and pepper, simmer for about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large saute pan over medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and turkey sausage meat and break up with a wooden spoon and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl toss together the fruit and onion mixture, the sausage, the chestnuts, the cornbread and red pepper flakes. Combine all the ingredients.
- Add the chicken stock, and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan. Gently place into an 8 1/2 by 8 1/2- inch glass Pyrex baking dish and top with the remaining Parmesan. Dot with butter. Place in middle rack and bake until top is golden brown, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by WMB0109 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note