Rae's Chocolate Cake
Community Recipe from
- 3 package(s) lady fingers, need to be soft
- 1 bag(s) Nestles semi sweet chocolate chips
- 7 XL eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup(s) brandy
- 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 pint(s) whipping cream
- Line the bottom of a large springform pan with lady fingers. Make sure the pretty side goes next to pan. Do not grease pan.
- Melt 1 large bag of chocolate chips on low heat. Separate the 7 eggs. Stir yolks and brandy into melted chocolate.
- Whip egg whites until stiff, and fold in sugar. Whip cream until firm. Fold everything together. Pour 1/2 of the mixture into the springform pan. Cover with lady fingers, and top with rest of mixture. Freeze. When firm, cover with saran wrap. The night before you want to serve, move to refrigerator.
- To serve, simply snap off the sides of the springform pan. Garnish with berries, or whip cream, or just leave it plain.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Recipeapp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rae's Chocolate Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes