This was very fast, healthy, and tasty. But a little bland for my tastes. Next time I'll do this Lebanese style and add some sumac.
Radishes in Browned Butter and Lemon
The peppery flavor of radishes shine in this simple recipe for Radishes in Browned Butter and Lemon.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 19 Minutes
- Calories: 42
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 208mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- 3 cups radishes, halved lengthwise, with root and 1-inch stem left on
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup torn radish leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add radishes to pan; cook 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- 2. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add radishes to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until butter is browned and fragrant. Add rind, juice, and salt; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat; stir in radish leaves and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note