Love the dressing.
Radicchio Waldorf Salad with Cider Dressing
Crisp bites of bitter radicchio make an excellent match for dressing sweetened with a drizzle of reduced cider. For a more substantial salad, Piper Davis, co-owner and cuisine director at Grand Central Bakery in Portland and Seattle, suggests adding matchsticks of sharp, nutty cheddar cheese, like Beecher's Flagship, to her recipe.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 152
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 2.3g
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 273mg
- Cholesterol: 2.6mg
- 1/4 cup Cider Reduction
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons honey
- About 3/4 tsp. flake sea salt, such as Jacobsen
- About 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 head radicchio (8 oz.) or small head red cabbage
- About 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tart-sweet apple, such as Pink Lady
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Whisk together cider reduction, mayonnaise, honey, 3/4 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a small bowl until smooth.
- 2. Cut radicchio in half and cut out core. Set radicchio on its side and thinly slice lengthwise; transfer to a medium bowl. Put 2 tbsp. lemon juice in a small bowl. Cut apple in half lengthwise, core, and set flat on work surface. Cut into matchsticks, tossing them in bowl of lemon juice as you go.
- 3. Add apple and walnuts to radicchio and toss with dressing. Add more salt, pepper, and lemon juice if you like. Divide among salad plates and sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This