- 1 garlic clove, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 grapefruit
- 3 navel oranges
- 1 1/2 cups pitted whole Medjool dates (about 15)
- 2 large heads radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shavings (each about 1 in.; see Notes), divided
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds, divided
- calories 130
- caloriesfromfat 52 %
- protein 3.8 g
- fat 7.6 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 2 g
- sodium 161 mg
- cholesterol 3.9 mg
How to Make It
In a small jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine garlic paste, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Cap jar and shake vigorously until dressing is emulsified.
With a small, sharp knife, cut ends off grapefruit and oranges. Working with 1 fruit at a time, set it cut side down on a cutting board. Following curve of fruit with knife, slice off peel and white pith. Cut between inner membranes and fruit to release segments; put them in a large bowl. Discard membranes and peel. Pour off juices (or just pour into a glass and drink) to keep salad from getting soggy.
Thinly slice dates and add to bowl along with radicchio, 1/2 cup parmesan shavings, and 1/4 cup almonds. Pour dressing over salad; toss thoroughly to coat. Turn salad onto a large platter or into a bowl and top with remaining 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup almonds.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2/3-cup serving.