- 1 head (7 oz.) radicchio, cored and separated into leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces (3/4 of a loaf) ciabatta bread, split horizontally
- 1 jar (16 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry, and halved
- 6 slices regular or aged provolone cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced dry salami
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- calories 514
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- protein 23 g
- fat 24 g
- satfat 9.2 g
- carbohydrate 51 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- sodium 1944 mg
- cholesterol 48 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Put radicchio on a large rimmed baking sheet. Lightly brush all over with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake until wilted, 8 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, open up bread on another baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, 8 minutes. Let radicchio and bread cool.
Layer radicchio on bottom half of ciabatta, then top with roasted peppers, provolone, salami, and basil. Close bread and cut into 4 sandwiches. Combine vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Just before serving, drizzle dressing into sandwiches through a cut side. Serve with plenty of napkins.
Keeps: Up to 2 hours at room temperature, 3 hours with ice packs.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.