Rack of Lamb with Cherry-Port Sauce
This quick yet elegant entrée will wow guests and leave you time to celebrate the New Year in style. A side of Root Vegetable Mash will help catch every drop of the delicious sauce.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 240
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 20.4g
- Carbohydrate: 10.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 67mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 284mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 2 (1 1/2-pound) racks of lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweetened dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Sprinkle lamb with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb, and brown on all sides (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat; place pan in oven. Bake lamb at 450° for 12 minutes or until thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer lamb to a serving platter. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
- 4. Place pan over medium heat. Add wine, vinegar, and broth; cook until liquid is reduced to about 2/3 cup, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add cherries and jelly; simmer 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and thyme.
- 5. Cut lamb into chops. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note