- 2 (1 1/2-pound) racks of lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup port wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweetened dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon red currant jelly
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- calories 240
- caloriesfromfat 41 %
- fat 11 g
- satfat 3.8 g
- protein 20.4 g
- carbohydrate 10.5 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- cholesterol 67 mg
- iron 1.7 mg
- sodium 284 mg
- calcium 29 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Sprinkle lamb with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat oil in a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb, and brown on all sides (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat; place pan in oven. Bake lamb at 450° for 12 minutes or until thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer lamb to a serving platter. Cover and let stand 10 minutes.
Place pan over medium heat. Add wine, vinegar, and broth; cook until liquid is reduced to about 2/3 cup, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add cherries and jelly; simmer 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and thyme.
Cut lamb into chops. Serve with sauce.