everything came together so easily, but the taste was just average. it gave me a chance to use items i had growing in the garden, so with that in mind, i will keep this recipe and make again.
Rachel's Farro Salad
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Emma Star Jensen
Last summer, Rachel Weill created this salad using farro, a nutty-tasting wheat berry.
Yield: Serves 8
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 146
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 3.1g
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 123mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 cups farro*
- 3 to 4 cucumbers, halved and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup halved and sliced red onion
- 1 cup small basil leaves
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon gray sea salt
- 1. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot. Add farro and cook until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and let cool 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Put farro and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Toss gently to coat.
- *Find farro with the other grains at well-stocked grocery stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads