Rachel Rays Mexican Lasagna
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pound(s) ground chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon(s) ground chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 red onions chopped
- 15 ounce(s) black beans drained
- 1 cup(s) medium taco sauce (or fire roasted tomatoes)
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn kernels
- salt to taste
- 8 8 in flour tortillas
- 2 1/2 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil - twice around the pan. Add chicken and season with chili powder, cumin, and red onion. Brown the meat, 5 minutes. Add taco sauce or stewed or fire roasted tomatoes. Add black beans and corn. Heat the mixture through, 2 to 3 minutes then season with salt, to your taste.
- Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining extra-virgin olive oil, about 1 tablespoon oil. Cut the tortillas in half or quarters to make them easy to layer with. Build lasagna in layers of meat and beans, then tortillas, then cheese. Repeat: meat, tortilla, cheese again. Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly. Top with the scallions and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KirSzalkie and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rachel Rays Mexican Lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes