Rachael Ray's Smoky Sweet Potato Chicken Stoup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 ribs celery
- 1 large onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 to 2 chipotle chili in adobo, finely chopped, plus a spoon of sauce from the can
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme, eyeball it
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup dry white wine, eyeball it
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3/4 to 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, a generous handful, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream, for garnish, optional
- Heat a soup pot over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, about 2 turns of the pan.
- While soup pot heats, chop carrots in half lengthwise then slice into thin half moons. Add the carrots to the pot while it heats, stirring to coat the carrots in the oil. Chop and drop in celery and onion, chopping as small as you can, but don't make yourself crazy. Add the garlic, chipotle, and adobo sauce and stir to combine. Season the veggies with salt, pepper, thyme, and bay leaf. Cook the veggies together 1 minute. Add the wine and reduce a minute. Add the stock to the pot, cover the pot, and raise heat to high. Bring the stoup to a boil, remove the cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into quarters lengthwise, then thinly slice into bite size pieces. Add the cut chicken and sweet potatoes and simmer 5 minutes until sweet potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through. Turn the heat off and add the scallions and cilantro. Serve each portion of stoup with a dollop of sour cream on top.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KKirby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note