Rachael Ray Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 15 ounce(s) can cream style corn
- 4 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) plus 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 whole(s) large eggs
- 1 pound(s) large shrimp in the shell
- 2 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 3 stick(s) scallions chopped
- In a med bowl, combine corn, butter, eggs, sugar, 1 cup of the flour, salt and baking soda. Set batter aside.
- Peel shrimp and place shells in a small saucepan with water and cayenne. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid is reduced by 1/2. Drain the shrimp broth into a med bowl and set aside. Discard shells.
- Meanwhile, in a med bowl, toss shrimp with cajun seasoning.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over med heat until ripples. Sprinkle in 2 Tbsp. flour and cook stirring constantly until rich brown.
- Add garlic and scallions cook for 2 min. Whisk in reserved shrimp broth and boil the sauce about 1 minute to thicken. Add shrimp and cook just until cooked through. Remove to a bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe skillet clean and coat with cooking spray. Over med heat, pour about 1/3 cup of batter at a time until bottoms are golden. Flip and finish other side. Top with shrimp and sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SandyPTA and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rachael Ray Cajun Shrimp with Corn Flapjacks Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes