Rabbit Stew with Red Wine
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) fryer rabbit, cut up
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon(s) seasoned salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cup(s) water
- 4 cup(s) dry red wine
- 2 cup(s) baby carrots
- 4 cup(s) medium red potatoes, peeled and cut
- 4 ounce(s) portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) water
- Dredge rabbit pieces with 1/2 cup flour. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; brown rabbit pieces on all sides. Add celery, onion, salt, pepper, bay leaf, 4 cups water, and wine; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and simmer rabbit stew for 2 hours. Add carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms; cook for about 25 to 30 minutes longer, or until vegetables are tender. Combine 1/4 cup flour and 1/3 cup water; stir until well blended and smooth. Stir flour mixture into the broth; cook and stir until thickened.
- Rabbit stew recipe serves 4.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Vixxenesque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Rabbit Stew with Red Wine Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes