My family really loved this recipe. I'm not sure I'd call it "worthy of a special occasion" however. It was very flavorful. I used turkey sausage, so I browned that and the onions and green pepper first. We ate every bit of it and they are asking me to make it again! As I said, it is quite delicious, however, it doesn't give the best presentation. I didn't think it was very attractive! Adding the shredded cheese helped with the appearance. I'd recommend!
Quinoa with Sausage and Peppers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) quinoa rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vingar
- 2 tablespoon(s) stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 3 whole(s) medium yellow, green, and/or red sweet peppers cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 whole(s) medium sweet onion cut into thin wedges
- 24 ounce(s) cooked Italian chicken sausage links halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 4 ounce(s) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or crumbled reduced-fat
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine broth, quinoa, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add sweet peppers, onion, and sausage.
- 2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 3. To serve, stir mixture gently. Top each serving with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Supermom7738 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note