Quinoa with Sausage and Peppers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) quinoa rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 ounce(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vingar
- 2 tablespoon(s) stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoon(s) honey
- 3 whole(s) medium yellow, green, and/or red sweet peppers cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 whole(s) medium sweet onion cut into thin wedges
- 24 ounce(s) cooked Italian chicken sausage links halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 4 ounce(s) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese or crumbled reduced-fat
- 1. In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine broth, quinoa, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add sweet peppers, onion, and sausage.
- 2. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 3. To serve, stir mixture gently. Top each serving with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Supermom7738 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note