Quinoa and Winter Fruit Salad
Yield: 4 TO 6
- 1 1/3 cups quinoa (about 1/2 pound), rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 kumquats--halved, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup pure olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large Bosc pear--peeled, cored and cut into 1/2 -inch dice
- 1 medium cucumber--peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2 -inch dice
- 1 cup coarsely chopped stemmed watercress
- 1. In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa and water and bring to a boil. Simmer over low heat, stirring often, until just tender, about 12 minutes; the grains should be separate and intact. Drain the quinoa and let cool completely.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the kumquats and cilantro with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and let steep for 5 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, pear and cucumber. Add the dressing and toss well. Add the watercress and toss again. Serve at once.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads