Quinoa vegetable salad
A simple salad made with whole grains and raw vegetables - perfect as a side dish or as a light meal on its own.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) quinoa uncooked
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 2-3 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 red onion halved and sliced thinly
- 2 cup(s) grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 cup(s) fresh asparagus (optional) tough ends trimmed off, 1" lengths
- 4 ounce(s) feta cheese crumbled
- Prepare quinoa in water according to package directions. Set aside to cool (hot quinoa will cook the vegetables).
- Mix sugar into vinegar until dissolved. Add garlic and olive oil, and whisk to make dressing. Add dressing to cooled quinoa.
- Add chopped vegetables to quinoa and dressing. Mix thoroughly and top with crumbled feta cheese. This can be served at room temperature or chilled.
- This packs well for individual servings and will keep for several days in the refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KatherineSpins and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note