I like this recipe a lot. Very tasty and had some depth. Much better than just plain quinoa alone.
Quinoa with Toasted Pine Nuts
Quinoa is hot right now. And our Quinoa with Toasted Pine Nuts makes this up-to-date side dish even more fantastic.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 187
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 111mg
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Rinse and drain quinoa. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add minced garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add quinoa; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken stock and kosher salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- 2. While quinoa cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Combine quinoa mixture, pine nuts, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, parsley, chives, and pepper; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note