- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 187
- fat 9.4 g
- satfat 1 g
- sodium 111 mg
How to Make It
Rinse and drain quinoa. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add minced garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add quinoa; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chicken stock and kosher salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
While quinoa cooks, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Combine quinoa mixture, pine nuts, 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, parsley, chives, and pepper; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.