Excellent flavor! I made it for a birthday party where my sister-in-law and nephew have celiac disease. They loved it! And super easy to make.
Quinoa works just as well as the traditional bulgur, and it takes less time to cook. We prefer curly parsley here, but flat-leaf parsley or a mix of other herbs would also be delicious.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 177
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 352mg
- Cholesterol: 8.3mg
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bunch curly parsley, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly.
- 2. Mix remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl. Add quinoa and stir gently to combine. Serve with grilled lamb or beef kebabs, if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note