This makes a good dinner, or lunch, and could be a good potluck dish. I changed the cucumber to zucchini since that is what I happened to have, and added black olives. Delicious!
Quinoa, the South American wonder grain, is finally coming into its own. The pearl-shaped grains are as delicious as they are healthy. They cook twice as quickly as wild rice and have the delicate flavor of couscous. Even though bagged quinoa is rinsed before processing, it's best to give it another quick wash before cooking. This helps remove the grains' bitter coating. Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 25 minutes.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 English cucumber, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup parsley, minced
- 8 mint leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, and cool to room temperature. Gently toss quinoa with next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk remaining ingredients together in a small bowl, and toss gently with quinoa mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note