Quinoa stuffed portobello mushrooms
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 large portobello mushroom per person
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- chopped fresh garlic to taste
- 1/3-1/2 cup(s) cooked quinoa per mushroom
- handful yellow or red tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 scallion per mushroom
- sprinkle toasted pine nuts
- sea salt and ground pepper
- package(s) fresh parsley, basil, or mint
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly oil the bottom of a baking or gratin dish.
- Gently clean off the mushroom caps; slice off the stems and using a sharp teaspoon carefully scrape out the gills. Place the caps in the baking dish. Drizzle with a scant amount of olive oil and a touch of balsamic vinegar. Season with a little sea salt and pepper.
- Pre-bake the mushrooms for about 15 minutes to soften a bit.
- In a skillet, heat a little olive oil and toss in the garlic. Stir for a minute. Add in the cooked quinoa, tomatoes, scallions, raisins, pine nuts. Season to taste with sea salt and ground pepper. Stir to combine. Moisten with more olive oil, as needed. Gently heat through, briefly. Remove from heat. Add in the fresh chopped herbs.
- Stuff each mushroom cap. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, till the mushroom cap is tender. Tent with foil to keep it moist.
- You can also assemble these ahead of time, and refrigerate. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or more, as needed.
- Read more: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2009/04/quinoa-stuffed-portobello-mushrooms.html#ixzz27RJByELV
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hpiezer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quinoa stuffed portobello mushrooms Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables