I like this! I was nervous about the buttermilk because I am not a huge fan of it plain- but this combination is very good- a super nice change from oatmeal. I recommend this!
Quinoa with Strawberries and Buttermilk
Cook quinoa for dinner, save leftovers for breakfast, and start the day with 46g whole grains per serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 301
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 11.1g
- Carbohydrate: 45.8g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Sodium: 76mg
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (such as Ancient Harvest Traditional Organic)
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine cooked quinoa and buttermilk in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 45 seconds. Stir; let stand for 1 minute. Top with sliced strawberries, almonds, and honey.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This