- 3 ounces pumpernickel bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen precooked quinoa (such as Village Harvest), thawed
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1 (4-ounce) package smoked trout, skinned
- 4 ounces precooked packaged beets, diced
- calories 332
- fat 18.1 g
- satfat 2.7 g
- monofat 10.1 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 13 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 543 mg
- calcium 33 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place bread in a bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; toss to coat. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until cubes are crisp and toasted. Set croutons aside.
Combine remaining 3 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, horseradish, and mustard in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine quinoa and 1 tablespoon oil mixture in a bowl; toss.
Arrange half of salad greens on a large serving platter. Sprinkle quinoa mixture over greens, and top evenly with remaining greens. Break trout into pieces; arrange trout over salad. Top with beets and croutons; drizzle with remaining oil mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.