Wow- soo tasty! It is very time consuming, but it makes a lot so there will be enough for serval lunches. Really, really tasty.
Quinoa Salad with Vegetables and Tomatillo Vinaigrette
Quinoa, a high-protein grain, combines with crisp, colorful vegetables and tart vinaigrette for a delicious main-dish salad. Creamy queso anejo balances the tartness of the dressing. Queso blanco or ricotta salata are good substitutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 311
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 10.6g
- Carbohydrate: 46.9g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 5.9mg
- Sodium: 325mg
- Calcium: 120mg
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion (about 1/2 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound tomatillos (about 4 medium), husked and quartered
- 1/2 serrano chile, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled English cucumber
- 4 large radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) queso anejo, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place first 10 ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Set aside.
- Place 3 cups water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with tomatillo mixture; stir well to combine. Cool.
- Add cucumber, radish, and red bell pepper to cooled quinoa mixture; toss gently to combine. Divide salad among each of 6 plates; top evenly with cheese and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note