Personally, I would give this about 3.5 stars. It comes together easily and quickly and has good nutritional numbers. The reason I gave it 5 stars is because my extremely picky childred (22mos. and 5.5yrs) gobbled this stuff up. Neither one of them EVER wants to eat what I fix for dinner unless cheese is the main ingredient! I am still shocked! I will definitely fix this again.
Quinoa Salad with Toasted Pistachios and Dried Pineapple
Fluffy quinoa offers a crunchy texture to this filling salad. Closely related to Swiss chard and spinach, quinoa is a good source of protein, fiber, and iron. Toast the quinoa before cooking if you prefer a nuttier flavor.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 344
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 32.5g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 362mg
- Calcium: 42mg
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup shelled, chopped pistachios (about 1 ounce)
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken breast, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Boil water in a small saucepan. Add quinoa. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped pistachios, and cook 2 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring frequently. Transfer pistachios to a large bowl; add cooked quinoa and remaining ingredients to bowl. Toss gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note