A bit dull
Quinoa Salad with Sugar Snap Peas
Photo: © Quentin Bacon
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup salted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- In a small saucepan of boiling salted water, simmer the peas until bright green and crisp-tender, about 1 minute. Drain and spread out on a large plate to cool, then pat dry. Cut the peas on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small saucepan, combine the quinoa with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until all of the water has evaporated and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Uncover and fluff the quinoa, then transfer to a large bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, combine the oil and vinegar and season with salt and pepper. Add the peas to the quinoa with the pumpkin seeds, chives and dressing; stir. Season with salt and pepper and serve at room temperature or lightly chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note