Quinoa Salad with Pears and Baby Spinach
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) organic quinoa
- 2 cup(s) baby spinach washed and drained
- 1 large pear washed, stemmed cored and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) chilled chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans toasted
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) gold balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) pure maple syrup
- First cook your quinoa. Place the quinoa in a saucepan or a rice cooker. Add 2 cups fresh water, and a pinch of sea salt. Cover and cook on a low simmer until all the water is evaporated and the quinoa is tender- roughly 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and dump it into a large salad bowl.
- Add the baby spinach, pear, chick peas, and chopped parsley to the quinoa and fluff.
- Whisk together the virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Pour on the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat.
- Season the dish to taste with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Just before serving, add the toasted pecans and lightly combine.
- This recipe makes four main course servings, six side dish servings.
- Note from Karina: If you are making this salad ahead of time, I suggest you make the quinoa, fluff, and add the dressing while it is warm. When it cools to room temperature, add in the spinach, chick peas and parsley; toss, cover and chill. Before serving add the pears, and toasted pecans. Taste test and add more seasoning if needed.
- Some folks like a dab of Dijon mustard in their vinaigrette- I don't, especially. But if you love a mustard-y flavor spike, add a teaspoon of Dijon to the salad dressing. Just don't make it too strong- it may overpower the pears.
- I prefer salads lightly dressed. But if you prefer more dressing, or find that your quinoa and spinach needs a bit more dressing, double the vinaigrette recipe.
- Nutritional information per serving: calories 246, carbs. 7.7g,cholesterol 0g, fat 10.9g, saturated fat 1.5g, fiber 3.7g, sodium 119mg, protein 5.2g.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jeannes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note