Quinoa Salad with Pears and Baby Spinach
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) organic quinoa
- 2 cup(s) baby spinach washed and drained
- 1 large pear washed, stemmed cored and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup(s) chilled chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans toasted
- 4 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) gold balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) pure maple syrup
- First cook your quinoa. Place the quinoa in a saucepan or a rice cooker. Add 2 cups fresh water, and a pinch of sea salt. Cover and cook on a low simmer until all the water is evaporated and the quinoa is tender- roughly 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and dump it into a large salad bowl.
- Add the baby spinach, pear, chick peas, and chopped parsley to the quinoa and fluff.
- Whisk together the virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Pour on the vinaigrette and toss gently to coat.
- Season the dish to taste with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Just before serving, add the toasted pecans and lightly combine.
- This recipe makes four main course servings, six side dish servings.
- Note from Karina: If you are making this salad ahead of time, I suggest you make the quinoa, fluff, and add the dressing while it is warm. When it cools to room temperature, add in the spinach, chick peas and parsley; toss, cover and chill. Before serving add the pears, and toasted pecans. Taste test and add more seasoning if needed.
- Some folks like a dab of Dijon mustard in their vinaigrette- I don't, especially. But if you love a mustard-y flavor spike, add a teaspoon of Dijon to the salad dressing. Just don't make it too strong- it may overpower the pears.
- I prefer salads lightly dressed. But if you prefer more dressing, or find that your quinoa and spinach needs a bit more dressing, double the vinaigrette recipe.
- Nutritional information per serving: calories 246, carbs. 7.7g,cholesterol 0g, fat 10.9g, saturated fat 1.5g, fiber 3.7g, sodium 119mg, protein 5.2g.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jeannes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes