I added drained rinsed black beans, used yellow/orange and red sweet peppers, sweet white onion instead of green, used lemon as I was out of lime, grated some lemon peel in to the salad and I also added a Tblsp of chili powder and pinch of crushed Mexican oregano as I was out of cilantro. Love this, good as a side, on a taco or tostada. Also makes a great dip with tortilla chips.
Quinoa salad with grilled corn, tomatoes and cilantro
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) Quinoa
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 cups grilled corn (from about 2 ears, cut from the cobs)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cilantro
- 1. Place the quinoa in a strainer and rinse under running water until the water runs clear, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn the quinoa into a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly. The quinoa will dry, then begin to stick a bit. Keep stirring and eventually it will begin to toast, smell nutty and turn a light golden color (about 5 minutes total). Add the water and one-fourth teaspoon salt, bring to a slow simmer, cover and cook until the quinoa is dry, about 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork. (Dish can be prepared to this point up to a day in advance and refrigerated tightly covered; bring to cool room temperature before serving.)
- 2. When ready to serve, transfer the quinoa to a mixing bowl and gently stir in the corn, tomatoes, chile, green onions and 1 teaspoon salt. Combine the lime juice, oil, garlic and cumin in a blender and purée to a smooth dressing.
- 3. Pour about half of the dressing over the quinoa mixture and stir gently to combine. Add more dressing to taste. Gently fold in the cilantro. Correct the seasoning with more salt or lime juice, if needed, and serve immediately. This makes about 6 cups salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CherylB61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quinoa salad with grilled corn, tomatoes and cilantro Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads