recipe was good but the serving size is really small, maybe this should be listed under condiments.
Quinoa Salad with Artichokes and Parsley
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 12.4g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 135mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped spring or sweet onion
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 5 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and thyme; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add artichokes; sauté 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add broth and quinoa; bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 18 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed.
- 2. Remove pan from heat. Stir in parsley, rind, juice, and salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note