Quinoa Salad with Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Photo: Christina Holmes
More From Food & Wine
Total: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 (large) Granny Smith apples, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 (medium) red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 cups (packed; about 6 ounces) baby greens, such as arugula or kale
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the quinoa and toast over moderate heat, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add 3 cups of water, season with salt and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer the quinoa for 16 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff the quinoa, spread it out on a baking sheet and refrigerate until it is chilled, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 25 minutes, stirring once, until golden and softened. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil with the vinegar; season with salt and pepper. Add the quinoa, sweet potatoes, apples, parsley, onion and greens and toss well. Serve right away.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads