First time using quinoa-it was delicious in this recipe! I didn't use the full amount of quinoa though-just about a cup, and squeezed some of the oranges juice into it. Definitely think next time either halving the oranges or using clementines would be better. Can't wait to make it again!
Quinoa Salad with Chicken, Avocado, and Oranges
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 490
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sodium: 311mg
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- pepper, divided
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1. Cook quinoa according to package directions and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- 2. Preheat broiler with a rack set 4 to 6 in. from heat. In a large bowl, stir together chili powder, 2 tsp. garlic, the lime zest, 2 tsp. oil, and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Put chicken on a baking sheet and broil, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes total. Let cool slightly, then slice and add to reserved quinoa.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients to quinoa and chicken; toss to coat.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes