I use Mandarin oranges, and squeeze lime and Mandarin juice in top at the very end; toss. So delightful. Blood oranges for extra color can also be used. Best quinoa recipe ever in my opinion.
Quinoa Salad with Chicken, Avocado, and Oranges
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 490
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 21g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sodium: 311mg
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- pepper, divided
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- 1. Cook quinoa according to package directions and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- 2. Preheat broiler with a rack set 4 to 6 in. from heat. In a large bowl, stir together chili powder, 2 tsp. garlic, the lime zest, 2 tsp. oil, and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Put chicken on a baking sheet and broil, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes total. Let cool slightly, then slice and add to reserved quinoa.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients to quinoa and chicken; toss to coat.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes