Quinoa Salad with Chicken, Avocado, and Oranges
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- pepper, divided
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 large oranges, peeled and segmented
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- calories 490
- caloriesfromfat 48 %
- protein 21 g
- fat 26 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- carbohydrate 44 g
- fiber 10 g
- sodium 311 mg
- cholesterol 50 mg
How to Make It
Cook quinoa according to package directions and fluff with a fork. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
Preheat broiler with a rack set 4 to 6 in. from heat. In a large bowl, stir together chili powder, 2 tsp. garlic, the lime zest, 2 tsp. oil, and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Add chicken and toss to coat. Put chicken on a baking sheet and broil, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes total. Let cool slightly, then slice and add to reserved quinoa.
Add remaining ingredients to quinoa and chicken; toss to coat.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.