The author did a great job letting you know how essential the lime is! The lime and the time for the quinoa to marinate were essential to our enjoyment. This is a great healthy recipe that has the power to get some veggies in your babies.
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) quinoa
- 2 cup(s) water
- pinch(s) salt
- 15 ounce(s) black beans
- 8 ounce(s) can sweet corn
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4 green onions sliced thin
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 bunch(es) cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1/3 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1) combine the quinoa, wter and a big old pinch of salt in a medium saucepan (you may need to rinse the quinoa first - check the package). Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer with the lid on for 20-30 minutes. you'll know it's done when it is nice and tender and little strings have popped out of the quinoa. Remove from heat, uncover and let it cool down. Once its cooled down, you can fluff it up with a spoon or fork.
- 2) Meanwhile, drain and rinse the black beans. Drain the corn (if using canned corn). Mis it together in a bi bowl, along with the tomato, green onions, pepper and cilantro. Now blend the cooled quinoa in (it can be warm, but don't put it in if it's too hot - it will wilt the cilantro).
- 3) Pour the olive oil into a small owl. Scrape the shiny green "zest" off of one lime using a microplane, zester or grater. Whisk the lime zest into the olive oil. Now squeeze all of the juice out of that lime and into the oil(this is where I usually use a second lime - to get more juice. I like at least 1/4 cup of lime juice. Add 1 TBSP. of chili powder. You can also add a pinch of cumin and a pinch of salt, to taste. Whisk all of this together. It should smell wonderful.
- 4) Pour the olive oil/lime juice mixture over the quinoa salad and mix it in. I usually do this in the morning before company comes over and then cover it with a towel and put it aside, or in the fridge. The quinoa will soak up the olive oil and lime juice, and it should be cool and refreshing by the time you're bringing the rest of the food off the grill later!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hpiezer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Quinoa Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads