Quinoa Red Pepper Cucumber Lime
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pinch(s) Salt
- 1 cup(s) Quinoa
- 1 clove(s) garlic pounded to smooth paste w/a pinch of salt
- 1 whole(s) large shallot finely diced
- 1 whole(s) jalapeno seeded & finely diced
- 3 1/2 tablespoon(s) lime fresh squeezed, more as needed
- 1/2 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole(s) medium red pepper halved, seeded, finely diced
- 1 whole(s) small to medium cucumber peeled & seeded
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 2 - 3 whole(s) ripe avocados sliced
- 1. Cook Quinoa 10 - 15 minutes, then dry
- 2. Put garlic, shallot, jalapeno & lime juice in small bowl. Season w/salt & stir. Let site for 5 - 10 minutes. Add 1/2 Cup of oil & whisk to combine. Taste: add more sale or lime if needed.
- 3. Put quinoa, red pepper, cucumber, and chopped cilantro in medium bowl. Drizzle half of vinaigrette into bowl & gently fold to combine. Taste: add more salt, vinaigrette, or lime if needed.
- 4. Arrange sliced avocde on platter. Season avocado with salt and drizzle remaining vinaigrette on top. Spoon quinoa salad on and around avocado. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Adrienne5280 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note