thought these were bland - would not make again
Quinoa and Potato Croquettes
These meatless quinoa and potato croquettes are delicious served with coleslaw and topped with dollops of salsa and sour cream. If you can't find panko, use fresh breadcrumbs instead.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 2 croquettes)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 346
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 53.6g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 450mg
- Calcium: 85mg
- 1 (10-ounce) baking potato
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese, drained
- 3 tablespoons grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- Pierce potato with a fork; place on paper towels in microwave oven. Microwave at high 5 minutes or until fork pierces potato easily, turning potato after 3 minutes. Wrap in a towel; let stand 5 minutes. Peel and mash potato.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a saucepan; add quinoa and salt. Cook 15 minutes; drain.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, cilantro, and jalapeño; sauté 1 minute. Add cumin, oregano, black pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Combine potato, quinoa, onion mixture, cottage cheese, and cheddar cheese in a bowl, stirring well. Let stand 5 minutes; stir in egg.
- Shape potato mixture into 10 patties. Carefully dredge each patty in panko. Place on a baking sheet. Cover and chill 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Add 5 patties to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and patties.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes